Contributors to the 6:AM Altmetrics Conference and Altmetrics19 workshop are invited to submit their presentations and papers to the Journal of Altmetrics.
Launched in 2018, the Journal of Altmetrics aims to advance the understanding and scholarly conversation relating to altmetrics.
The journal, which is sponsored by the Levy Library at Mount Sinai, is fully Open Access and does not charge authors for article processing fees. It publishes continually throughout the year, with the journal scope encompassing:
- Altmetrics data analytics of scientific output including usage, readership on online academic networks, social media and news mentions
- Comparisons of altmetrics data to traditional metrics such as citations for research evaluation
- Development of altmetrics research indicators
- Evaluation of institutions, countries, scientists output with altmetrics data to inform impact
- The effects of scientific output on social issues based on altmetrics analysis.
- Understanding the meaning and usage of altmetrics measures as tools in the scholarly impact arena
Publications submitted to the journal will undergo a full peer review and be assigned a unique DOI upon publication.
For more information please visit www.journalofaltmetrics.org.